Liebster Award; Tag Your It!
I had not heard of the Liebster Award until the other day when Musings of an Aspie wrote a blog post about her being tagged. That is where I learned that I too, was tagged by Yes, That Too, which was an honor coming from this outspoken and honest autistic blogger. It is a hard world to get into, from choosing between wix and wordpress tips to simply being able to be candid about life. I was honestly so pleased to get this, as I’ve worked hard on my blog and it’s nice to know that someone appreciates all that I have done. Blogging is not as easy as people think, there’s a lot of thought that has to go into it – why am I writing this post, who will benefit from it, can it help my blog grow? These are all things that I am thinking of when I work on my blog. And it’s not just my blog that I focus on, it’s all the other bits and bobs – social media for one is a tough thing to crack. When I first started, I had no idea where to begin. Things like Instagram scared me – what if people judged my photo taking ability? But then I just had to be brave, it helped when one of my friends suggested I try out this best Instagram growth service, once my following started to grow, I grew in confidence and it certainly helped make my blog a lot better as I was gaining more traffic! And look at me now, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award, so thank you, everyone, for making this happen!
Apparently these are the rules:
I must tell you 11 random facts about myself (Why 11? I have no earthly idea). Then, I am to answer 11 questions that Yes, That Too, have posed to me, and then tag 11 other bloggers for the Award and ask my own 11 questions. Sounds like fun-
11 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME
- I love playing poker.
- I am very competitive (thus love for playing poker).
- I read an average of 50-60 books per year because that is how I decompress at night in order to be able to sleep.
- I live in South Carolina, but wish I was back home in New York (despite the cold weather). I hate the cold. (Is that two things?)
- I have three ASD children, and no-one in my family has any idea because I simply do not share.
- I am depressed fairly easily, and tend to stay in my PJ’s for days when allowed.
- I have been married for over 15 years (16 in Aug.)
- I have written a novel that has sat on my shelf for more than a year because the thought of going through it and editing it is way too overwhelming to face.
- I want to be rich-that’s right, materialistically rich because I want a hire a housekeeper, a nanny, and have someone else balance my budget (plus I want to wander around the globe aimlessly).
- I am secretly proud to have autistic children (or, maybe not so secretly) because it is the only thing they got from me. Those boys are little clones of their father’s and look like I kidnapped them off the street.
- I am now 7 weeks pregnant with our fourth child-surprise!
To answer Yes, That Too’s questions:
- How old are you? 38, and sometimes I feel like I am falling apart, but other times I don’t feel a day over 19.
- Why did you start blogging? I began my blog as part of a class assignment, but within a couple of days was hooked and knew that there was so much I wanted to tell the world about me, and about autism that I could not stop blogging when the class was through. No-one ever listened to me before…
- What is the most frustrating song you have ever had stuck in your head? Easy-“I love my lips,” from Veggie Tales.
- Do you have a useless talent? Many-most for storing useless bits of information in my brain that no-one else cares about.
- What is something that has happened to you where people responded, “only you could…”? I tripped down the brick steps in front of the house falling face first into a cheesecake I was carrying.
- Have you read, Loud Hands, yet? (And if you haven’t, WHY NOT?) This was an easy one, I hadn’t heard of the book until today. Now, I have downloaded it to my Kindle and will be adding it to my list of books read this year! I’ll keep you all posted.
- Do you take things literally? A resounding YES, definitely, all the time, every minute, and when will the people around me get used to it?
- What is the most hilarious rumor that was ever spread about you? I had difficulty with this one, and in the end my answer remains that I have no idea. Sometimes it amazing me how much I do not pay attention, or notice the world around me.
- Do you know any other languages? No, I have enough difficulty with English, thank you.
- If money were no object, where would you travel?Everywhere. I want to go everywhere, see everything, touch, taste, and smell the world…ya that could be disgusting huh?
- If money were no object, what change would you try to make in the world? My answer may sound selfish on the outside, but I would not try to change the world because only you can really change yourself. I would focus on changing my children’s worlds, my world, and our surrounding circumstances. I say this not in a selfish way, but in the sense that you must first love yourself before you can love others-you must first help yourself before you can help others. I want my children to grow up self assured and self confident…maybe even a bit sheltered from the world. But, I think that is just me being a mom.
TAG YOUR IT!
I am supposed to tag eleven bloggers who have 200 or fewer followers. I have no idea how to tell how many followers a blog has, unless of course it says so on the blogger blogs. I’ll do my best, but you guys tagged many of my favorites already so if I didn’t tag you it is likely because someone else already did!
So here goes, in no particular order-oh, and I have decided that I may just tag someone twice since my questions are different…maybe.
- A Quiet Week in the House
- Lorca Damon
- Loving Martians
- Inner Aspie
- Aspie Kid
- Outrunning the Storm
- Postcards from the Edge
- The Third Glance
- My Aspie Wife (this is hubby’s blog)
My questions to you:
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could be a character in a book, or on a TV show who would it be?
- If you could have one super-power, what would it be? What would you do with it?
- If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be?
- How do you relax? How do you unwind?
- Where would you go on your dream vacation (money is no object)?
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Why?
- You blog-why?
- When you chose a topic to write about, do you chose something you think others want to know about, or just whatever is on your mind at the time?
- How long have you been blogging?
- If you could live in a different time, a different place, a different era-where/when would it be?
I’m looking forward to reading your answers.
HEY REMEMBER TO SEND THOSE YOU TAG A COMMENT TO LET THEM KNOW, “THEY’RE IT!”